The following is a birds-eye view of the Financial Budget
of Expenditure for the Year 2002-2003:
Salaries & Allowances, Training,
|Church Administrative Expenses :
|Child Care Ministry :
|Scholarship & Vocational Guidance :
|Education Ministry :
|Health Care Ministry :
|Mission to Seafarers :
|Community Projects(Synod sponsored)
|Care for the Aged :
|Church Related Programmes :
|Contribution to Related Organisations :
|Retirement Benefits(Pension/Gratuity :
|PF Mngmt.share &
|Administrative Expenses :
|Meeting Expenses(Council/Committees) :
Except for the grants towards child care ministry and scholarship
programme from the donor agencies, we have to rely on the
limited church income; A.F.& P. Board grants; and property
income for all these expenditure. To balance the expenditure,
improvement in the Church income is very much essential.
Farmers' Retreat, Karkala.
The following are the New Projects and Programmes in hand
of the Diocese to be completed within the next two years:
A)Church Buildings, etc.:
New church building at Masgapura
1) Church Building at Masagapura
in Chamarajanagar Dist.- under progress
2) Church Building at Channarayapatna in Hassan Dist.- under
3) Church Building at Kumaragiri in Chikmagalur Dist.- under
4) Church Building at Kuthyar in Udupi Dist. - to be taken
5) Church Building at Mettalwadi in Mysore Area - to be taken
6) Extension of Church Building at Anandapura in Kodagu Dist.-
to be taken up
7) Construction of Prayer Hall at T.Narasipura in Nanjangud
Taluk - to be taken up
8) Construction of Prayer Hall at Hakathur in Kodagu Dist.-
to be taken up
9) Construction of Prayer Hall at Kadur, near Tarikere - to
be taken up
10) Construction of Pastor's Quarters at Pangala-Gudde - to
be taken up
11) Construction of Pastor's Quarters at Thokkottu - to be
12) Construction of Church building at Krishnapura
New church building, Kumaragiri
As all the above Church Building Projects are in Rural Areas,
major expenses had to be borne by the Diocese.
B) School Building Projects:
1) Construction of Building for Christian
Pre University College
2) Construction of Building for Hardwicke Pre University College
3) Construction of Building for proposed High School at Karunapura,
4) Construction of additional class-rooms for Karkala &
5) Construction of School building for English Medium School
6) Construction of School building for English Medium School
Though there is foreign aid for one school building at Uchila,
the diocese has to pool funds for other buildings.
C) Priority Projects:
1) Short-term stay Homes for the Women in
distress who come out of their homes for various reasons,
their counselling and establishment of family harmony or rehabilitation.
Training of Volunteers for this purpose.
2) Home for rehabilitation of Widows and deserted women
3) Leadership of women in Society, Political fields.
4) Diocesan Level Women's Centre with Hostel, Conference Room,
Self-employment training facility, Office, etc.
D) Other Projects:
1) Counselling Programme for Couple, Families,
Women, Youth, Students, Children
2) Seafarers' Centre at Mangalore
3) Establishment of Fellowships of Industrialists, Craftsmen,
Professional Workers, , Laity and their involvement in Diocesan
Resource Development Projects
4) Rehabilitation Projects for Street Children; Rag-pickers,
Child Labourers, etc.
E) Special Project in commemoration of
Yesu Christa Jayanthi(Christmas)
"Roof for the Roofless"
Programme - i.e. to extend assistance to provide at least
a tiled roof for the families dwelling in thatched houses.
75% of the Diocesan area covers rural areas and at least 50%
of the families are financially backward among which 30% families
are below the poverty line without a proper roof to live in.
Therefore during observation of Yesu Christa Jayanthi-2000
it was planned to adopt "Roof for the Roofless"
project. It is planned to extend this benefit to at least
200 families throughout the Diocese. The total cost comes
to Rs.30,00,000/- at the rate of Rs.15,000/- per house.